Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One tough act to follow.

I don't have a whole lot to say today. I've been slowly working on doing laundry, and the presentation I've been working on for project narcolepsy.
I've got a lot of things happening in the next 7 days including starting up my fall classes, and my birthday. This shouldn't seem like a big deal, but when you're starting your day with only 3 spoons, and you use those spoons just to move around, and maybe make yourself look presentable. Or at least clean...it's hard to move around even more.

The depakote has made my heart do this real fun heart palpitation thing, and the fatigue is still unreal. I'm not sure if the fatigue is normal, or if it's just tagging along with my narcolepsy.

Either way I have a full physical next Tuesday where they're gonna check my liver to make sure it's working properly, and try to figure out why my resting pulse is over 100 at all times.

One thing I am looking forward to is my ceramics class. I hope my hands have the strength to play with the clay, because I received an email saying we'd be playing with it on the very first day, and to bring a towel. That's what she said.

Mom's pretty freaked out about all of these side effects, but I keep telling her they're all listed under common and some uncommon side effects on the drug fact sheet, and she needs to take the fact that I'm narcoleptic into account. I think she forgets about that sometimes, but today she told me she preferred me manic. Well I didn't. I feel so level now, despite feeling like shit. If I didn't feel like shit I'd feel great. I'm not manic, and I'm a little depressed, but I don't want to break stuff anymore. So to me, epilepsy, or no epilepsy, the depakote has done it's job. It brought me out of my manic/mixed phase, and I'm level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment